Sunday, July 25, 2010

Life With Older People

So I have challenged myself to blog everyday for a week and next Sunday I'll blog again and see what blogging everyday for a week has done for me and my writing. Today I'm just going to rant randomly.

So lately I have noticed I really don't enjoy being around many people who are my age, those that are slightly older, I enjoy their company more. This has to be due to the fact of the last 12 months being just hard on me mentally, being unemployed twice, living on my own, changing churches and making new friends while basically leaving others behind. (Its so true I only talk to 2 people from The Rock at all anymore, sad but true) Dating a girl for 2 months, which in hindsight was too long, I don't regret it because I did learn a thing or two of what I want in a woman, that blog is almost done, and realized women my age, for the most part, are kind of boring.

So yea older people make better friends in my mind, especially the ones I have made in the small group I go to regularly at Mercy Vineyard, its great but there is a disconnect to a certain degree because all the men who regularly attend all are married. Yes they've been through what I'm going through, but they aren't right now and its different dynamic, when seeking advice, they seem like wise men to go to rather compadres who I am going through life with. Thats just my one complaint other than that its fantastic.

So the dating life has been complicated as of late, and the being friends with older people is basically a setup for this section of this piece. In short I've been inadvertantly cougar hunting. Yep in the past few weeks I've been on a date with a 30 year old, a 35 year old, and 25 year old (though due to the fact she parties and smokes too much she looks older than the other two). Ironically enough the dates with the older 2 women were more successful than the 25 year old, she wasn't my type at all, we'll leave it at that. Things didn't work out with the 30 year old, and just today was the first date with the 35 year old, though I didn't feel a real spark between us and forsee us as being just friends, it wasnt the age difference it was just that I didn't feel an attraction at all between us, have no idea what she felt, we just hung out and talked all day.

There got that out of me. Friends are telling me I am cougar hunting, though one friend told me, maybe you're being cougar hunted. I like that more because it makes me feel more awesome in some weird twisted way.

I continue training at my job tomorrow, basically just listening to phone calls since its at a call center, we'll see how it goes. I like it so far, and the people I work with are fun to chat and BS with, we'll see how it turns out.

I guess thats it, I still don't know how to end these blogs properly other than saying...

Stay safe folks

No comments: